I am 19 and was charged with “minor in possession of alcohol.” What is the possible punishment I face? Will I lose my license?

If you plead guilty to a minor in possession of alcohol, you will lose your driver’s license for one year. Some prosecutor’s offices are more lenient than others. If you can get a conditional plea you may be able to avoid the loss of your license. Usually, a conditional plea will involve you pleading guilty and having the sentencing hearing set out for six months to a year. During that time you’d need to have a clean record and typically complete some community service and likely also a alcohol education class. On the day of sentencing your case would be dismissed if you complied with all of the conditions.